Watch PRI, Pioneer Institute Webinar on ICER, health care innovation
July 21, 2021 Policy Measures on Drug Value: Does ICER’s Approach Improve Patient Access & Equity?
The Pioneer Institute and Pacific Research Institute hosted an educational webinar on the importance of protecting treatment access, innovation, and equity as Washington addresses drug pricing reforms on July 19, 2021. Pioneer Institute, PRI, and special guests explored the current policy landscape on treatment value and access and how policy proposals that lean on the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, or ICER, and similar approaches could impact certain patients.
- William “Bill” Smith, PhD, Visiting Fellow in Life Sciences, Pioneer Institute
- Wayne Winegarden, Senior Fellow in Business & Economics, Pacific Research Institute
- Gary Puckrein, PhD, President & CEO, National Minority Quality Forum
- Anna Hyde, Vice President of Advocacy & Access, Arthritis Foundation
- Gunnar Esiason, Director of Patient Outreach, Boomer Esiason Foundation